Friday, July 2, 2010

The San Diego County Fair


This used to be called the Del Mar Fair so that is what I still call it. I have been going every year since I can remember. I make sure to make it to the fair at least once each year. I am not quite sure what brings me to the fair every year? It can't be the fair rides since I am not really a fan, tho I have ridden them in the past and well I guess I will be posting a picture today of me riding one last time I was there. Anyway the rides freak me out! The food is bad for you but some of it tastes O' SO GOOD! I don't generally buy anything from the little fair shops, BUT one year I got a really good purchase for Kip, a Hermit Crab while we were dating, HE HATED IT! Somehow I do love the fair! I love the shows, watching the little kids dance, the hypnotist show is the best (I was in it once, good times), and now that I have a little one I am enjoying the petting zoo and the horse rides, well Brooke should be the one enjoying them right? We will be taking 1 more trip to the fair on July 5Th as a family to enter Brooke into a crawling contest (since she is not yet walking), and to let daddy experience the fair with us for the first time EVER! In the 6 years we have been together I have been to the fair each year without him, somehow? This year is the year I am dragging him along :) Here are some pictures from my previous 2 trips with the family. I got a ticket that is good for the whole fair so I get to go multiple times for the cost of 1 ticket! The first trip was a quick one on the very first day of the fair to watch my little niece Makenna do a dance! We were nervous that she would not perform but she did not let us down! She was one of the best in her class and made us all proud! She looked so cute! Brooke and I waiting for Kenna's turn to dance! Brooke hanging out with Kenna and her buddy Cam before the dance number. Isn't she SO CUTE!!!!! You go girl! Makenna and I, we have a special relationship! I love this kid! Then Amanda and I meet up one week day for a fun day at the fair so we could do the fun little kid stuff together with our kiddos. We were only there a few hours and really only did the stuff kids would want to do. We are pretty sure they loved it and Amanda and I enjoyed our time together. Here are some fun pictures from that day. The very first thing I wanted to do when we got there was have Brooke take her very first Horse ride! I was SURE she was going to LOVE IT!!! She is not afraid of large animals, since Echo our dog is the size of a small horse, and she is not shy. I was sure this would make for some beautiful pictures. When I handed her over to the guy to put her on the horse he asked me if I wanted to walk along her side in the center, I said "O' no she will be totally fine!" at that pint she began screaming. I ran in and went right by her side and stayed there the entire time as she screamed and cried her head off! She HATED IT!!!! Totally let her mama down, but her daddy thinks it is actually pretty funny :( And her room is full of horses, what to do? Here is the PERFECT picture to capture the experience, I just HAD to buy it! Trying to calm down after being traumatized by the horses! Brooke loved being up close to the other animals, she was not phased by the chickens... ... and not phased by the sheep and the goats, and the cows....JUST THE HORSES :( We are going to start a tradition to take a Mommy & Me photo in the photo booth at the fair each year! (totally something I am copying from Amanda and her kids) This is our first annual photo booth photo! Here I am trying to keep Kellen from flying out of the "Big Kid" ride. He can ride them because he is so tall but is really not as mature as he should maybe be for some of the rides. It was actually a pretty fun ride as you can see on my face. Time to be silly with the Tomato man and Makenna! At the end of the day we had to let Brooke out of the stroller to crawl before we had to drive home. We found a perfect patch of grass that we called the baby run! Brooke, Makenna, and Kellen got their wiggles out right here going back and forth!

I always enjoy fun with my little girl and my family! So grateful to be able to do fun stuff like this! Stay posted for pictures from our first family outing there on Monday! Wish Brooke luck so she can kick some baby bum in the crawling contest! It shall be fun!

8 comments:

Heather said...

Ok the pics of her on the horse are hilarious!!! Don't you love when you think things will go good and they end up like that?! Part of being a mom I guess and does make for funny stories and pics!! Love this!

Traci Elizabeth said...

I remember that stupid hermet crab! it died while i was house sitting at the robinsons home and its legs fell off!!

HOw sad is brooke on that horse? great pics though!

Cate McCormick said...

Brroke being afraid of horses just can happen!!! haha maybe one day she will love them just as much as the both of us :)

Amanda said...

Brooke on the horse was probably one of the funniest things I have ever seen. I mean yes, I felt a bit sad for her. But it was just hilarious to see YOUR daughter FREAK OUT on a horse. HA!
I love the fair. And for me the fair is not the same without going there with you. It's so fun to now be there with our kiddos too!!

Kelly said...

brooke is so cute! i love that greenjacket she's wearing, adorable! looks like a fun time!

Cindy said...

Brooke is such a cutie! Andrew is obsessed with horses right now. I wish we could take him on a horse ride. BTW, Bryan and I love the music on your blog!

DeeDee said...

Sarah my name is Dawn. I went into a blog called Summit Mommies and was looking at past posts trying to help a friend make a craft and came across your comment. I feel so bad that I never checked the comments after we stated the craft day. I'm the craft day person in my ward and section of the universe :) If you would like to make those blocks we can certainly get together--whatever. The 4 blocks with the different sizes are $15 for the front and back stuff. Please email me at davedawncade@msn.com if you are still interested or wish to know more.

Todd + Emily said...

LOVE ALL The pictures!!! So cute!!! we still need to go down there together. It looks like fun!!!