Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I think this is it???

So here it is...... I'm pretty sure?
I am not a person that normally has commitment issues but for some reason I have had a hard time committing to themes for things. I had a hard time committing to my wedding theme, my house theme (part of the reason nothing ever made it onto the walls), and now our children's bedroom theme. So strange... the things I CAN change in life I have hard time committing to and the things I CAN'T change I don't have a hard time! Maybe the issue is that I have such a wide variety of things that I like that have nothing to do with one another? Or maybe it is the fact that I CAN actually change it that makes me have a hard time committing? I think I also want to make sure I represent both Brooke and Kipper so I feel the pressure of representing each equally?
So here is what I am thinking I am going with for the Brooke/ Kip bedroom theme and bedding!
This print looks Yellow to me here but in person it is actually a Pea Green base color. I actually like the color it is in person more than the way it comes off here!
And this is the pattern I think I am going to try and copy, with my Mom's help of course :) The only thing I would change is I would have the bumper look the same on the outside as it does on the inside. Also the comforter will be for Brooke's Toddler Bed, I'm not going to make Kipper a comforter.
I will also be making window treatments with the fabric and maybe a pillow for my glider?
I may even try to get some vinyl tree's made for the walls to match the tree's in the print? I can't paint in an apartment so I think that would be a fun way to add color to the walls?
Whatcha think?

2 comments:

Wheeler Family said...

Sarah- I saw this DIY decal idea for walls that might be cute and easy to get off for apartment walls. You could even use the same fabric. I haven't tried it, but looks simple.

http://sewingforscarlett.blogspot.com/2010/02/tutorial-fabric-wall-decal.html

Sunny and Tom Richins said...

I can see why you liked the baby shower invites. They look like they were meant to go with this fabric!