Friday, February 20, 2009

She Moves, She Moves...

YEAH!!!! I am starting to feel little Brooke move inside my belly and I LOVE IT!!! It started at right about 18 weeks and I look forward to every little roll I feel! I am not feeling her every single day yet and usually feel her most at night when I am sitting on the couch watching TV! Maybe because that is the only time I am sitting still enough to notice? Right now the feeling is not OBVIOUSLY a baby, it is more like a rolling inside my gut, sometimes a sudden movement but not as much a poke or kick. It has been the same exact feeling in the same exact spot around the same time so I am assuming it is her. I can't wait to feel her every single day! I can't wait for the feelings to be more obviously baby! I can't wait to feel her on the outside and be able to share that with her daddy! I feel super special right now that I am the only one in the world that can feel her, I feel a special bond with her for that, but I really can't wait to share that with Kip to a small extent!
Kip is already SO in love with his little girl! It is so cute and I just know he is going to be the best daddy to this little girl EVER!! She is one lucky girl that is all I have to say! I feel like the luckiest woman in the entire world to have him in my life every single day and I am so happy that she gets to experience what I get to experience daily! When Kip talks to me he calls me Babies it just kills me!!! "How are my Babies doing??" ," Hi Babies!" ," I love you Babies", every single time I hear it I want to melt!
Life in it's own aspects is always challenging at times and we are going through some of that right now but I feel SO HAPPY and SO BLESSED by the lord EVERY SINGLE DAY for having Brooke in our lives! I am so grateful for all the things the lord has given us and keeps giving us! I love knowing that the lord sees us and knows what we are going through every moment of the day and I just feel SO LOVED by him!
So there you have it... random post with no pictures but I had to share my thoughts and feelings and hip, hip, hooray She Moves, She Moves, O' Baby......(you know, the song???)

21 comments:

The Picketts said...

Aww! I'm so excited for you! Don't worry - you'll feel her EVERYDAY very soon! Lately, this little baby has started sticking a foot or a leg or an arm out and oh my - let me tell ya - I CAN FEEL IT! It's fun - and ENJOY IT! This is my favorite part of the pregnancy - when you can feel her move inside. Just wait until she kicks you hard enough to startle you! It will make you crack up and hopefully no one will be around when you start laughing out loud for no apparent reason (that's what happened to me...I was in the elevator with some random guy and I busted up laughing...he looked at me like i was a freak show and he totally didn't get it when I explained what happened!) HA HA HA! YAY for Brooke to be moving!

Jenn said...

YAY! Its such an awesome feeling! You guys will be great parents and we will get to go through the it together!

Liz said...

When my babies first started moving, it felt like butterfly kisses on my stomach or tiny bubbles. Just wait until she's full-term and then tries to turn over...you'll really feel that!!

I'm so excited for you.

P.S. Would you feel up to taking our boys' Easter pictures?

Emily said...

Congrats! I knew it was a girl and what a wonderful tribute to Kip! You married a keeper!

Susie said...

Congratulations, Sarah! There is nothing in the world that is more amazing than when you feel your baby move inside you. It is such a cool feeling! It makes it all more real!

melissa gargalis said...

Congrats on having a girl! Somehow I missed that one...sorry. But totally psyched for you. Congrats on feeling the baby move. I love it when the pregnancy becomes REAL and you're not just getting bigger for no reason.

Anderson Family said...

What an amazing time, feeling the baby move makes it feel so real. Kip is so sweet, Brooke is definitely going to be "Daddies Little Girl".

Traci Elizabeth said...

I love that feeling of a baby fluttering around. You are right, it is a super special bond!

The Perry family said...

That really is the high light of pregnancy! It starts to feel even more real then. So cute that he calls you Babies!
I hope you guys are doing okay and yes, the love of the Lord is ever comforting.

Melissa said...

That is such an amazing experience... I think that is when you truly start bonding with your baby. I thing I slept with my hands on my stomach, falling asleep to my babies' kicks, for most of my pregnancy.

The Gray Family said...

Feeling the baby move is my favorite part! I love at the beginning when you're thinking "was that it?" Before you know it she will be keeping you up all night :>)

The Gray Family said...

Feeling the baby move is my favorite part! I love at the beginning when you're thinking "was that it?" Before you know it she will be keeping you up all night :>)

Heather said...

"She floats like a feather and she stings like a bee.." Isn't that in the song too? I think it will be appropriate for your little girl, cause I know she is going to be one tough little outdoorsy/sporty(and cute of course)girl with you guys as her parents! :) So glad you're feeling her!! AND it is the BEST when daddy can feel it too!! They get so amazed!!! I LOVE that he calls you babies, so cute! I'm fond of the "baby mama" and "mommy" myself, I love it when Seth tells him to be nice to mommy cause he is being way active and it makes me uncomfortable! Cause pretty soon you will be experiencing that!! YAY! Even that is the BEST too! It's like they are putting on a show! "Look what I can do!" Do you know what that is from? :)

The Hansons said...

cute sarah! aw, im so happy for you. you totally deserve it. you guys are going to be awesome parents and i cant wait to see you guys hold this sweet little girl someday!

Tammy and Chris said...

It is a pretty cool feeling. Just wait til she is bigger and rolls from one side to another. It is soo crazy. When I was pregnant, Rylee was always really active at 5 in the morning.. to this day she wakes up about the same time, like clock work. I am happy that things are going well for you.

Amanda said...

This really, really is the bestest part...except for the birth of course. But I am so happy for you to get to experience this feeling. There is nothing else like it. And it is amazing the bond that you build with your baby through feeling her move long before you ever even see her face. I am so happy for your family. I think Kip is already wrapped around her little, tiny finger. And you are going to be such an amazing mommy!

Susann said...

Sarah I need your e-mail, that would be easier for me to tell you about making bedding for your crib!

I remember that feeling...so cool!

Anonymous said...

Oh Sarah, isn't it AMAZING??? That is the ONE thing that I miss the most about being preggo. Just wait until your whole stomach shifts from side to side when she's all cramped up in there. It's CRAAAAAAZY. We need to get together soon,,, very soon.

Lyndzee*

Danny and Laura said...

It is so fun when you start feeling the baby move. I hope you can keep that positive attitude when you get to the 8th month and the movement is into your ribs or visibly seen on the outside. I remember laying with Danny one night and we both watched an arm or leg move from one side of my stomach to the other. When you are feeling that discomfort, remember to to back and look at this post.
Oh, and you can tell Danny and Kip are related cause Danny said the same "Babies" thing to me when I was pregnant. And now, he refers to us as "my girls".

Kelly said...

Don't you love the feeling of movement... finally! But just wait til the end when she's jabbing your ribs! lol

Liz said...

We will be in San Diego on the 4th and 11th of April. We wanted to do family pictures and individual ones of the boys and then the boys together. We know if we do them one of those Saturdays, we won't have the pics by Easter, but that's okay. They're more for Chase's 4th birthday in May. Let me know what day works or if either work. We'll talk later!

P.S. I noticed you and I love the same books. Check out my book blog at http://seelizread.blogspot.com.