Wednesday, December 17, 2008

This time of year...

I spend half my life running around like a chicken with it's head cut off, behind on the gift buying, wrapping, preparing Christmas cards, on top of working full time and being a (pregnant) wife. Wow, what a busy time of year!!!!
At the same time I LOVE this time of year, I love the spirit that is in the air! I love the fact that people generally are kinder and more giving, even more generous on their tips which is SO NICE!!! I love Christmas music, all the colors of Christmas, Santa Clause, thinking of others needs before your own, and most of all TRADITIONS with FAMILY!!!
I thought I would just throw in some of my Christmas pics that I have gotten the past few weeks and explain them when I get to them.
Here is our Christmas Tree and might I add our FIRST fake one and I have to say, I LOVE IT!!!

Our neighbors house is OUT OF CONTROL with the lights and I love it!!! They sure got into the Christmas spirit, I am glad I get to look at it and not have to pay the bill!
It's tradition for us "Carlson" girls to all get together every year and bake all day long to make up delicious plates of cookies for people. It is SO FUN but wow, a long day in the kitchen. I got there at 11:30am and they were already started and I do not think we finished till 10:30pm with only a lunch and dinner break. We made 15 different recipes and doubled most of them! I wish I had gotten a finished picture of all the cookies when we were done but of course I forgot, I think I was pretty much exhausted being in my first trimester of pregnancy and at that tired as heck stage. But here are some of the days events!






Me Pregnant & Barefoot in the Kitchen Baking while the boys are off Playing! Notice how tired and horrible I look in all these pictures? I do!
In the cold weather we have recently discovered that we have a "Blankey Boy" Mr. Echo drags his blankey up and down stairs when he travels, he sleeps with it on his bed and if we wrap him up in it before bed most of the time it is there just the same way in the morning, is that not SO FUNNY??? My DOG is a "Blankey Boy", it kills me!

Well if I do not have the chance to get on here again before Christmas I hope you all have a Very Merry Christmas!!! Make some good memories this 2008!!!

14 comments:

Melissa said...

Love the Christmas traditions and your dog is too cute... I also have a blankie boy.

Amanda said...

That was so much fun baking together. Mom looks crazy in one of those pictures! I love the one of kenna rolling the dough. And your dog is ridiculous!

Anonymous said...

We enjoyed your bakes! ;) Thanks so much for the goods!! You, your sister and mom are GREAT! THANKS! LOVE YA!

Liz said...

We got my dog a stuffed animal when he lost his partner and he did the same thing with it!! He drug it around with him everywhere! Animals are more like people than we thought!!

P.S. Love the tree!!

Cindy said...

Your tree looks great! I actually prefer fake trees - they look good and it's less work. That's impressive you made so many cookies, we need to get on that.

Todd + Emily said...

Thank you so much for the plate of GOODIES!! They were soooooooooooo good!!! Echo is so stinking cute with his blanket, dodger has been sleeping under a blanket too!!!

Meagan said...

that is one spoiled little doggie! but he's pretty cute with the blankie...thanks again for the sweets- just what i needed- more things to eat!!

The Picketts said...

I have to say that you and your cute family are just that...CUTE! I love it! Thanks for sharing some of your traditions! This year I don't feel as festive, so it's so fun to see what others do! AND your dog...too funny! I love it!

Heather said...

Ummm... I think I'm missing some cookies! I see how it is! :) Really fun baking pics, Mckenna helping is so cute!! The tree looks awesome and Echo is hilarious with that blanket! I would give Harley one but she hasn't proven that she won't tear it up yet! Oh well! We just took her up to the snow on the Ortega, so pretty up there, I couldn't believe it! It is funny to watch dogs react to snow!

Kelly said...

Your cookies look delicious! And I love Echo in his blankie. We got your Christmas card today... very cute pictures!

Ryan and Brindi said...

i wish our dog liked blankets!! well, she likes them in a way i guess... she shreds them to unrecognizable pieces! we learned early on NOT to put one in her dog house for her! merry christmas and happy new year!

Anderson Family said...

Glad to see that you enjoying the Holiday, love your tree! Echo is too cute he looks so cozy in that blanket, you're already a good mommy :) Merry Christmas!

Dacia said...

Love the beautiful tree! Great job with the cookies too. Looks like a lot of fun :)

Lance and Becky said...

Where in the blogging heck have I been! Sar, I am soooo excited for you and Kip to be parents, wow, you will make the best mommy and daddy EVER! Congrats...yay! The cookies look awesome, and it looks like you guys had a blast! I got your Christmas card when we got home, and I just love it! You are beautiful! Love and miss you! Have a very Merry Christmas!