Friday, November 28, 2008

Turkey Day!!!



Happy Thanksgiving to All!!!
I hope you all had a Happy Turkey Day, Kip and I had a blast with Kip's family! We hosted Thanksgiving at our house but Kip's mom provided pretty much all the food. I know, I really know how to host a party don't I? I got to cook my very first Turkey (that was my one responsibility) and it actually turned out pretty good and moist. I was SO proud of myself, Kip and I officially feel like adults now, making turkeys and having Holidays at our place. We missed Kip's Brother Rick and hope he had a fun time with Aunt's, Uncles, Cousins, and Grandparents up in Utah for the Holidays.
One of these days we are going to host a Thanksgiving here with my whole fam and Kip's whole fam, it would be a blast, especially if the mom's bring all the food again, hehehe... just kidding!
Well dinner was AMAZING, I almost had a mishap with the turkey but thank goodness I saved it in time, I did the turkey in the bag but forgot to poke hols in the top of it...oops! About 2 hours into the cooking process I look in the oven and the bag looks like it is going to blow up? Thank goodness my mother in law called me just then and asked how the turkey was going, I told her it is good but that the bag looks like it might explode, that is when she reminded me about the holes I was supposed to poke, oops! I am glad we did not have a disaster!
At dinner we played a cool game where we went around the table and did different things like list 5 people we are thankful for, list why we are thankful for the people at the table, sing a song (well we kinda skipped that one) it was fun!
Well I hope you all had a great time thinking of all of the things you are thankful for and spending time with family! Happy Thanksgiving 1 day late!

12 comments:

Crystal said...

Congratulations on the pregnancy!! Zac and I are so excited for ya'll. We'll be watching the blog to be updated.

Lacie said...

I love the picture of the food, it looks amazing!

Lance and Becky said...

The food looks amazing, and I'm stuffed....I know, the day after thanksgiving at 10:00 at night...kinda gross! Glad you had a good one! Can you email me your address? rebeck828@yahoo.com

Rick Robinson said...

Dang...I sure wish I was there with you guys! Thats 3 years now that I haven't had it with you guys. :(

Liz said...

You and I cook the same kind of turkey. The straight from the freezer to the oven in a bag kind!!

Heidi said...

FUN! I didnt take a single picture. I think because i wasnt with my family... :O(

Kelly said...

You did a great job! The table looks beautiful! I'm glad you guys had fun! How are you feeling, by the way?

Jenn said...

Looks like you guys had a very Happy Thanksgiving! I bet it was fun for you to host it at your house! I am with Heidi, I didn't take any pictures this year either!

The Gray Family said...

glad you had a good day....it is nice that you didn't have to make the whole dinner, but cooking a turkey for the first time is still intimidating! I made my first (and only!) one when I was pregnant with Brendan...I had a house full of pregnant woman and just prayed that I did not give everyone food poisoning :) Good job!

Amanda said...

I am terrified of cooking a turkey. But you give me hope that I can do it someday. Good job sis!

Emily said...

What a great idea just to do one thing and have the Mom bring everything else. the pictures look so good of the food!

Susann said...

Looks like you had a great day! I'm glad it's over that was a lot of work cooking all that food!