Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Big White Fisheys....


That would be us!!!! He,he,he,he... I know, I am just a crack up!
Well Kip and I went snorkeling this last weekend with great friends of our Mark and Lani Braithwait! It was quite impressive, Kip and Mark planned out the whole fantastic day! Those two together always seem to come up with the best date ideas ever, we always end up having so much fun, along with some sort of adventure!
So it was HOT, HOT, HOT the entire weekend before our Snorkel Date... then the week of Snorkel fun the weather decided to cool off quite a bit... we had quite a few days of good haze and fog cover. It was wonderful weather, but not for ocean adventures!!! NOPE!!!
So the morning of our snorkel trip we decide to go, cloud cover or not! While driving down to San Diego Kip checked the weather for La Jolla, CA and it stated a high of 72 for the day, EEEEKKKKSSSS!!! I was not to excited about the idea of jumping into the freezing ocean of on such a chilly day. But the plans were still on!
As we arrive, the cloud cover is still in full effect, but there seem to be quite a few people out in the water being snorkel dorkles in their regular bathing suits. I think to myself..."Self...that water must not be too bad since there are so many people out there...maybe it actually feels warmer because it is cold outside???" I inch my dry little toes over to get the first wave of water to crash over my feet.....HOLY Eeeeekkkkssss!!! That is COLD!!! (I hear it was in the low 60's) I know I am a wimp! But Kipper as well as the rest of the gang did not seem to be worried about this FREEZING WATER the way I was! Needless to say we all got in, at about the same time, Kip was the first brave one! Once in and under for the first time it was A BLAST! You kinda got used to the freezingness of the water and I would have to say it was SO CLEAR!!! For California that is! We saw quite a few fish and I was actually surprised at how close the fish get! We had a blast swimming through the seaweed, big schools of fish, and freezing water! I would say we were in there a good hour! Here are some of the pics we caught with our cheap water camera!

The fish got stinkin close, I LOVED IT!!!
Kipper
Sarah
Mark
Lani
Kipper chasing after....
all the fisheys!!!
And some Big Head Shots!!!
Don't we look HOT???
As we were coming in from finishing our snorkeling adventure the sun began to beam as strong as ever. Of course!!! But it ended up being a BEAUTIFUL DAY!!! We walked around La Jolla for a while, soaking in the sun. Poor Kip soaked in a little too much sun and got a pretty bad burn.
After the swimming and the walking we worked up quite the appetite. So we decided to take Mark and Lani to one of our very favorite places in San Diego... Phils BBQ!!! It is SO GOOD!!!! I give props to Lani who is a vegetarian, she was quite ok with going there and enjoyed her veggie burger. We very much enjoyed stuffing our faces there!
After lunch we headed over to my parents house to hang out in their pool for a while and soak up a few more rays.
Quite the fun and relaxing weekend! Thanks boys for the fun double date!!!!

16 comments:

brit said...

that looks like so much fun!!! i get a little freaked out in the ocean. you are really nice about my pics. i shoot with a canon rebel xti. but i upgraded my lens to a 24-105 L series. i do use photoshop, but i really just adjust my curves & levels. i dont like to do too much to them. if you have any other questions... just ask!!!! you can totally e-mail me. britfullmer@yahoo.com

Traci Elizabeth said...

That is AWESOME!! I have only been snorkeling in the Caribbean Sea (it was so clear and gorgeous). What a fun date!

Patrick and Effie said...

that looks like such a fun day!! I totally give you props for going in the cold water, i hate cold, but it looks like it was well worth it! those pistures turned out amazing especially for an underwater camera, any time i have gotten an underwater camera you can't even see what i took a picture of ha ha, you are a true photographer sarah lynn!

Susann said...

Wow that looks fun Sarah! Did you see any Sharks? I've only been up to my knees in the ocean. I love your pictures!!!

Rick Robinson said...

I MISS PHIL's BBQ SO MUCH!!!! Whenever I meet someone from San Diego, I always talk about Phil's with them. I think that they think that I am crazy, but thats ok. I LOVE PHIL's!!! I am so jealous!

Amanda said...

I would have been a cold water woosie right there with you. I Do Not like cold water at all. I complain about going in a pool if it is not at least 78. But it looks like you had fun. Cute pics! Underwater pics are fun. And there are lots of fish...wow!

The Woot-en Clan said...

Looks like you had a great time. I love snorkeling, but that water does sound cold! Great photos. I was amazed to see so many fish!

The Gray Family said...

you are a trooper! Good for Kip to come up with that and plan the whole day. You guys are so cute!!!

Dacia said...

You do the funnest things! Looks like a blast, but I wouldn't have lasted in COLD water! Good for you for hangin in there.

Anonymous said...

SO FUN!! I totally wanna do this!! You guys look like you had a BLAST!! TOO FUN!!! ;)

The Hansons said...

that looks freakin awesome! i wanna snorkel!!!you guys crack me up

Kelly said...

You guys look so cute snorkeling! It looked like a really fun day! We missed you at BJ's yesterday too! I didn't see you until the end of lunch and you looked super busy!

Anderson Family said...

What a fun date, we love snorkeling. You're such a tropper for going in such cold water, Kip is lucky to have you :)

Emily said...

What a fun and adventure and I would feel the same way about the water being so cold!

Sunny and Tom Richins said...

The picture of the orange fish looks so fake. At first I thought you got it off the internet. That looks sooo fun! I had no idea there was such great snorkeling in La Jolla. I want to go now.

Dan Wyrick said...

The fishey pics were great but the human fishey's were better. I just love La Jolla Cove it is truly an underwater playground...What Fun! At least being a human fishey doesn't affect your knee :O) Phil's BBQ my favorite 2 "YUMSTER"