Monday, July 21, 2008

SOOooooo..... Close!!!!


So after seeing how obsessed I am with Cafe Rio' I got quite a few people commenting to me telling me that I can have this blessed meal in the comforts of my own home!!! Are you kidding me???? I have been going for HOW LONG??? Without my wonderful Cafe Rio Salads??? And I could have had them here, in my own home???
Well thank you to all of my wonderful friends that shared their recipes!!! I would have to say the recipes are soooo.... close to the real thing, I think it can keep me from driving back up to Vegas for a salad. I now have All of my family and All my in-laws family hooked on Cafe Rio Salads.
Kip and I have now had the salads 3 times in our own home and are already planning our next Cafe Rio meal! I AM SO SO SO HAPPY!!! Can you tell??
I know how sad it is that someone can be this excited over food, I know, I have problems, but have you tasted these salads??? You might, just might be as bad as me?

15 comments:

brit said...

you totally don't have to explain it to me!!! between there & Bajio. there have been times where it is 3 days in a row...now that is bad!

Philip and Melissa said...

i miss it too, so bad!!!
I got your comment about lenses, feel free to email me. if you hop onto my photog blog you can click on my email. we can chat all day long!

The Picketts said...

Ok, so now I think you need to share the recipe on your blog - so I can partake in the blessed salad! (Now, if I can find an horchata that tastes close to Cafe Rio's - we're in business!)

Traci Elizabeth said...

YUMMY!!!!

Todd + Emily said...

ok that salad look goooooooooood! i think we will have to come over and you can make it for us!!: ) J/k. looks good though.

Emily said...

I want do know how to make it!

Todd Family said...

recipe PLEASE!? Cafe Rio is my mother in laws favorite place. They have it all in Utah so we ate there and costa vida everytime we saw her. you are right...the salad is the bomb! now i am hungry..really, how do you make it?

Anderson Family said...

Your blog looks great! I am so excited to be blogging again. I am looking forward to keeping in touch. Also I love your photography I would love for you to take pictures of Jalen for his baby announcments!! :)

Kelly said...

OK, that looks YUMMY! Where is the recipe???? I've never been to Cafe Rio, but I want that salad!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

I will get working on a post for you all with the recipe!! YOU WILL LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!! I promise you!!

Heather said...

You are so funny! :) I have never tried it, but I'm sure I would love it! I'm totally into salads right now!

Melissa said...

Yummy! My mouth is watering.

I just checked out your photography site- super cute! We would love to have you take our family picture sometime.

Amanda said...

Wow! That does look close! I am salivating just looking at this picture!
You need to come down so we can make this wonderfulness together!

The Hansons said...

alright so what are the recipes??? we dont have cafe rios up here but we do have bajios and we love the salads but we're too poor to go there 3x a week!

Meagan said...

yum when are you making me one of those????